Assist all levels of partners in accessing corporate information to support business processes; perform structured systems analysis, design and implementation; lead applications programming development projects; work with significant independence.
ettain group has 2 immediate 6 month contract opportunities for Progress 4GL Developer in Raleigh, NC.
· Confers with representatives of user departments and business partners to identify desired functionality of proposed modifications
· Researches current system and application code requirements pertaining to proposed modifications
· Develops requirements documents and performs preliminary systems design
· Designs major components and system wide improvements or modifications
· Writes detailed design documents for programmers
· Prepares test strategies
· Leads development projects that may include external resources
· Participate in Design and Code Reviews
· 3 to 5 years of programming experience with Progress 4GL Version 9 or greater
· 2 years experience with Progress WebSpeed /Web Services
· Understanding of procedures, practices, principles, emerging trends and terminology of structured programming languages
· Basic understanding of database design techniques and functionality of relational databases; proficiency in a variety of programming languages
· Ability to assume responsibility for increasingly complex assignments
· Close attention to detail, reason clearly and logically with symbolic information, and ability to identify and conceptualize information needs
· Effective written and oral communication skills and basic leadership skills
Must be strong in most of the following:
· Progress App Server
· Progress OE10 technologies: Database encryption, user account control, and logging
· Mobile Apps; Apple, Android
· Visual Basic
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or computer science. (Applicable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.)
· Must be able to work on-site in the client’s location in Raleigh/Durham, NC area
· No relocation expenses will be covered for non local candidates. They should be willing to cover their relocation expense. Per Diem provision is possible through a W2 contract
· You must be able to work on a w2 or c2c contract for the contract phase of this opportunity
· Candidates submitted through sub-contracting agencies may be considered for this opportunity
· Our client’s preference is to have the ability to take this consultant permanent at the end of the contract
If you have the preceding qualification, please submit resumes online through our website for Opportunity #20601. Direct questions to the Raleigh Office (use the recruiting option) at (919) 941-0101.
Visit www.ettaingroup.com to see other ettain group opportunities throughout our markets.